NEW JOBS FOR WILMINGTON
COALITION FOR ECONOMIC ADVANCEMENT
ABOUT THE COALITION
The Coalition's focus areas for 2015 include the following:
New Hanover County Special Use Permit
*Working to amend so it does not inhibit new manufacturing from locating in our area
* First priority is extension of I-140
* Second priority is getting Old Military Cutoff extended to I-I40
* Extension of Independence to MLK* Transportation 2040 plan. (required to secure federal funding for transportation projects)
Installation of water and sewer along Hwy 421 to accommodate new industry
* Raise awareness of the realities of the economic development process and what it takes to get a company to locate here.
* Present the facts early and often to mitigate any misinformation presented to the media and stakeholders about the negative impact of industry in our region.
*Promote benefits of a balanced economy comprised of business and industry.
*Mitigate negative impact of anti-growth groups in the tri-county area
*Strengthen cooperative work relationships with economic development organizations.
To provide a platform to research and promote the truth about industries that wish to locate here and to refute those with a political agenda to stagnate growth in our region.
A Message from Bob Warwick, Past Chairman
To thrive as a community, we need to bring jobs and investment to our area. I am writing to ask you to help me in this effort by becoming a member of the Coalition for Economic Advancement. The Coalition is a non-profit, private advocacy organization dedicated to responsible economic development in southeast North Carolina. The Coalition is comprised of businesses and individuals with a mission to support job growth, job retention and job expansion in our region. The Coalition works with the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce and Wilmington Industrial Development as an advocate for existing businesses as well as new industries seeking to locate in our area. Our role is to advocate for business and industry with Federal, State and local agencies. This advocacy role is necessary because of the constantly changing regulations being imposed on business at all levels. Unfortunately, there are also advocacy organizations that are working to prevent business and industry from locating in our area.